What is different about a Pregnancy Massage?
- All massage sessions for pregnant women are carried out in the side-lying position, to allow access to your back while maintaining the safety of you and your baby.
- If possible, Sean will get you to switch from one side to the other half way through the appointment to facilitate massage on both sides of your back.
- Deep tissue massage to your calves is avoided as the risk of a clot is significantly higher during pregnancy.
- However he can ease tension in the calf with passive stretching, which feels quite nice.
- Pillows will be used to provide sufficient support for your bump in this position.
Will I have to undress for my massage?
- You will be invited to undress to a level with which you are comfortable.
- If you desire massage therapy for your legs, we ask that you wear a pair of shorts, a shirt or a dress.
- If you desire massage therapy your upper or lower back, we ask that you remove your t-shirt. Towels will provided for your comfort.
- If you desire massage therapy for your upper back, we will ask that you un-clip your bra strap.
Why choose a Physiotherapy Massage?
- Sean is a Chartered Physiotherapist, a qualified healthcare professional.
- Physiotherapists take a detailed history from you prior to massage, enabling them to tailor the treatment to your needs.
- Physiotherapists can also advise you on exercises, stretches and techniques to help ease your burden that are safe for pregnant women.
What benefits can you expect?
- Reduced levels of stress and anxiety.
- Easing of aches and pains, particularly in your lower back and upper buttocks.
- Decreased swelling in your limbs, particularly in your legs.
- Reduced cramping in your muscles, particularly in your legs.
- Improved quality and duration of sleep, especially if massage is carried out prior to sleeping.