If you are suffering with acute or chronic pain, the first thing you need is relief from that pain.
Sean’s first goal is always to reduce your pain by the end of your first appointment.
Priority Number 1: Find the structure that is painful.
The first thing Sean will do is identify exactly what tissue is painful.
It is also important to identify what movements make this pain worse, so he can confirm that the treatment was successful.
Priority Number 2: Reduce the level of pain.
Once he locates the painful tissue, Sean can reduce with with a variety of techniques:
- Postural Release Therapy (for muscle problem)
- Joint Mobilisation (for a joint problem)
- Ultrasound Therapy (for a tendon problem)
- Kinesiology Taping (for a loading problem)
- Customised Insoles (for a foot problem)
Priority Number 3: Identify the cause of the pain.
Now that your have experienced pain relief, Sean will work to eliminate the issue that caused the injury in the first place.
Your injury was probably caused by one or several of the following issues:
- Weak muscle(s)
- Tight muscle(s)
- Joint(s) stiffness
- Poor posture
- Overloading (caused by bearing too much load)
- Overuse (caused by repetitive activity)
Sean will identify these issues in a comprehensive posture assessment.
When dealing with foot conditions, he often proscribe orthotics (insoles) to improve the posture of your foot.